Dressing Rooms

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Dressing Rooms

Post by Simons » 02 Nov 2018, 20:21

Saw this article on BBC Website. Hope we will be o.k.

The Football Association has written to a number of non-league clubs warning they will be relegated if they do not make their dressing rooms larger.

They currently need to be a minimum of 12 square metres in the seventh and eighth tiers, but that will increase to 18 square metres by 31 March 2019.

Clubs that fail to complete the work by the end of July will be relegated.

Larkhall Athletic of Southern League Division One West called the move "disgraceful".

The FA says notice of the change was given in 2014, and clubs can apply for up to 70% of the funding for any work.

Southern League Premier Division side Frome Town, one of the clubs affected, said: "Five months to get architect, planning permission, funding, and probably try and complete it during the playing season - incredible decision."

Clubs must deliver planning permission, if required, proof of funding and a completed, enforceable contract to both the FA and their league by the end of March, and would drop down to the ninth tier if they fail to comply.

"The change was to accommodate increased squad sizes, more medical equipment and an improved environment for players," the FA said.

"This is a mandatory requirement from those leagues and the vast majority have already achieved this."

The Football Stadia Improvement Fund, managed by the Football Foundation, can offer partial funding for improvement work.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Dressing Rooms

Post by lutleyyeltz » 03 Nov 2018, 08:51

Doesn't that just show the concern and interest that the dictatorial "suits" in the FA have for non-league football?
None at all!😬

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 03 Nov 2018, 17:14

What a farce. Is this really necessary? If our changing rooms are not compliant I'm not sure what we could do? Would we have to build them from scratch?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 04 Nov 2018, 08:55

Our dressing rooms were extended and reconfigured about 20 -25 years ago and if I remember correctly were quite a good size.
Other work may have been undertaken since I did it but I would think that they are still compliant with the FA's ridiculous and demands.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 18 Jan 2019, 08:27

FA changing room regulations: Aylesbury to be relegated over undersized area

Non-league Aylesbury FC say relegation is "unavoidable" as they cannot make their changing rooms bigger in time to meet new Football Association regulations.

They currently need to be a minimum of 12 square metres in the seventh and eighth tiers, but that will increase to 18 square metres by 31 March.

Clubs that fail to complete the work by the end of July will be relegated.

"The club unfortunately very soon realised that the deadline was simply not achievable," Aylesbury said.

"Although all the people involved with the club are obviously devastated by this situation, we are even more committed now to ensuring the future of Aylesbury FC, taking a step backwards to once again move forward."

Aylesbury - a point outside the relegation zone in the Southern League Division One Central - said that while their home and away changing rooms are "very close" to the minimum requirements, their room for match officials would need "major reconstruction" to meet the requirement of six square metres.

The FA wrote to a number of non-league clubs on the issue in October but say notice of the change was given in 2014, and clubs can apply for up to 70% of the funding for any work through the Football Stadia Improvement Fund.

Clubs must deliver planning permission, if required, proof of funding and a completed, enforceable contract to both the FA and their league by the end of March.

"The change was to accommodate increased squad sizes, more medical equipment and an improved environment for players," the FA said.

"This is a mandatory requirement from those leagues and the vast majority have already achieved this."
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Jan 2019, 16:33

Absolute nonsense IMHO. Of all the things to bev elegated for >:(

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 18 Jan 2019, 17:53

They've known about it for at least three years, which limits my reserve of sympathy.

You have to have some kind of stipulation on stuff like this, and it's inevitable that needs to change from time to time. 30 years ago teams only had one sub, now they have seven for FA Cup ties, and most have more back-up staff too nowadays. In terms of the referee's room, you occasionally have a fourth official now, and if there's a female official she needs separate facilities that wouldn't have been available in the past.

The rules are the same for everyone at each level. It seems the vast majority of clubs have been able to comply, so I don't see why any club should be a special case.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Jan 2019, 18:05

Potentially finances Id suggest. I know youre mining gold down the road, but some of us have to make do with pickled eggs ;)

The Reasonable Man
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by The Reasonable Man » 18 Jan 2019, 18:27

Grants available (up to 70%, unless I'm mistaken) if clubs are organised enough to apply.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 18 Jan 2019, 18:53

The Reasonable Man wrote:
18 Jan 2019, 18:27
Grants available (up to 70%, unless I'm mistaken) if clubs are organised enough to apply.
Which still leaves 30% to find. Possibly out of some clubs remit. Not disputing the rules, they are what they are and in Aylesburys case it probably wont make a difference. Good point re female officials, although Id imagine theyre few and far between. However its still a really poor reason to relegate a club, especially as many struggle to exist as ia.