New bloke. Wednesday signing.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: New bloke. Wednesday signing.

Post by andy » 09 Nov 2018, 17:43

Surely if our budget is now increased we will be able to find a permanent decent striker to pair up with Hughes sooner rather than later. I must admit I have no knowledge of where our budget now stands compared to other teams but it becomes a little frustrating seeing good short term loan players that we know we can't keep. It's not meant to sound like a moan as I appreciate the added quality they bring to us, it's more just an observation. I guess it's just nice to watch players we regard as 'ours'.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 09 Nov 2018, 19:01

Lets face it, Hills record of signing strikers , who we can assume were on big wages has been appalling, apart from Hughes. I would n't risk his choice and any decent midfielders, he gets rid of.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 09 Nov 2018, 19:53

Disagree a little. The loan market has been pretty decent for us. Udoh, Kaiman, McAtee, Reffell, Sweeney- all gone on to play at a higher level at some point. It’s disappointing not to get them in permanently but they’ve all made a big contribution. Roberts was a great signing and was off the local radar. But, as with all of these, if they are capable of playing higher then they won’t stay!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Nov 2018, 19:59

andy wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 17:43
Surely if our budget is now increased we will be able to find a permanent decent striker to pair up with Hughes sooner rather than later. I must admit I have no knowledge of where our budget now stands compared to other teams but it becomes a little frustrating seeing good short term loan players that we know we can't keep. It's not meant to sound like a moan as I appreciate the added quality they bring to us, it's more just an observation. I guess it's just nice to watch players we regard as 'ours'.
The increase in budget is great. But when you have the same old, same old failures it becomes disheartening and frustrating. You could throw as much money (within reason) as you want, it won't change a thing. And we all know why.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

THEYELTZBUG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by THEYELTZBUG » 10 Nov 2018, 00:36

Not heard much about the new in question at all, but let’s hope this is a blessing and he is a talented individal.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 19 Nov 2018, 21:21

Banbury’s twitter have announced that Shamsi has signed on loan for them and will be in their squad tomorrow ???

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 19 Nov 2018, 22:12

Yes, it's true.
http://nonleague.today/news/details.php?news_id=2973
Bloody hell - can we hold on to anyone? 😫

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Nov 2018, 08:53

As I wrote earlier in this thread, that's the problem with too many loan players. Great as stop gaps but in my opinion not a way forward unless they are good season long loans.
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 20 Nov 2018, 09:33

To be fair, he was only here on a month's loan- just feels like a very quick month!

Will be struggling to fill the bench tonight I think.

drummyb
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by drummyb » 20 Nov 2018, 09:56

andy wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 08:53
As I wrote earlier in this thread, that's the problem with too many loan players. Great as stop gaps but in my opinion not a way forward unless they are good season long loans.
Exactly. We're a bit over reliant on them and while its good in the short term, we then have to replace them when they go. Ill be interested to hear how he plays against us (cant make tonight). A decent player and undoubtedly talented but a bit guilty of hogging the ball sometimes. I wonder if their is a long term plan with him, keep being loaned out for short loans.