Jack Bennett

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Jack Bennett

Post by DJ » 12 Sep 2018, 14:20

Long-time Yeltz supporter Jack Bennett passed away on Friday 24th August, aged 86 years. His funeral takes place on Friday, 14th September at Rowley Regis Cemetery at 11.30 a.m. Jack lived just a few doors down from his great friend Dr. Jones in Barrs Road, Cradley Heath and for many years sat with Doc Jones at the back of the Harry Rudge Stand, next to the Directors’ box. Despite poor health in recent years, he would go to games whenever possible, although we haven’t seen him for a while. Despite this, he obviously kept in touch through all the match reports/news and still had lots of questions when I last saw him at a game. He always left saying “Make sure you give us a good match report!”. Rest in Peace Jack, I’m sure Dr Jones has reserved you a good seat.

Jack was husband to Edna and father to Edmund, Sally, Peter and Kirsty and also had 6 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Jack Bennett

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 12 Sep 2018, 15:23

RIP Jack

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Jack Bennett

Post by Westyeltz » 13 Sep 2018, 12:52

Nice words from DJ as always.

Jack was an old friend of my Dad's and in their youth both used to represent Halesowen Athletic and Cycling Club along with other long time Yeltz supporters Jeff Harris, Maurice Hackett (father of Gary), George Harris and George Hopewell, all now very sadly no longer with us.
Jack was always good company whenever we met at football, usually alongside Doc Jones with whom he travelled the length and breadth of the country following The Yeltz, or in the town should I ever have bumped into him.
Another one who will be sadly missed.

RIP Jack.