Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Revolving door

Post by Seamus » 16 Sep 2018, 14:51

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 15:56
RobYeltz wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 10:47
James Hurst has already joined and played for Welling United - I can't imagine he commutes to Kent to play his football, so perhaps he's relocated.
You don't move house over night, was this relocation known about before he signed for us?

If he has relocated!
Was wondering about the rights and wrongs of this from our perspective earlier today.
From the limited info I have he played conference football last season and has now joined a conference south side so certainly at least a couple of clubs in those leagues believe in his ability at that higher level.
So what do we do if we have the opportunity to include a player of such quality for a potentially short period in our team, especially if he was to make it clear he is looking to return to conference football when he gets the right opportunity.
1. Snap him up, it does not matter how long he stays for, quality is quality.
2. Stay clear, players here for the short term could be seen as disruptive to a settled side.
3. Only take him on if we have a short term need in his position due to injury suspension etc.
Tricky isn't it.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 16 Sep 2018, 15:01

Personally I've always held the view that if a quality player is available have them for however long provided they make a positive contribution whilst with the team then fine admittedly the revolving door is going round as though Mr Rusty was turning the Magic roundabout at present. But in my 15 years plus of watching Halesowen town and nonleague football regularly coming and going is just part of the deal so therefore if a quality player is available and prepared to play and do a job and make a positive contribution then fine in my view.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 16 Sep 2018, 16:03

Seamus wrote:
16 Sep 2018, 14:51
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 15:56
RobYeltz wrote:
15 Sep 2018, 10:47
James Hurst has already joined and played for Welling United - I can't imagine he commutes to Kent to play his football, so perhaps he's relocated.
You don't move house over night, was this relocation known about before he signed for us?

If he has relocated!
Was wondering about the rights and wrongs of this from our perspective earlier today.
From the limited info I have he played conference football last season and has now joined a conference south side so certainly at least a couple of clubs in those leagues believe in his ability at that higher level.
So what do we do if we have the opportunity to include a player of such quality for a potentially short period in our team, especially if he was to make it clear he is looking to return to conference football when he gets the right opportunity.
1. Snap him up, it does not matter how long he stays for, quality is quality.
2. Stay clear, players here for the short term could be seen as disruptive to a settled side.
3. Only take him on if we have a short term need in his position due to injury suspension etc.
Tricky isn't it.
I wouldn't have said he was conference South level, so I'm surprised he's earned a move there! I'd much rather have Ekongo! But maybe that's just me?
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Sep 2018, 09:05

Andy, and other mature folk will appreciate this - The club have just 'liked' a tweet John McAtee, which Tweets simply; #MaccaBack

I could be reading far too much into that, but it could be an indication to Hill's next Friday (or even a midweek treat!) signing, probably another short term loan? I would be more than happy witht that, he was decent for us last season, if I recall.

Pure bored in rush hour speculation, mind.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Sep 2018, 13:16

Liked a tweet?!? What's that? I know budgies like a tweet.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Sep 2018, 13:43

andy wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 13:16
Liked a tweet?!? What's that? I know budgies like a tweet.

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 26 Sep 2018, 14:12

McAfee gone to Telford

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 26 Sep 2018, 15:35

He's played for Telford before, so that makes sense, considering it's proximity to Shrewsbury and their interests

and this seems to confirm that thinking:-
https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... cond-time/

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Sep 2018, 17:23

I'd make a shit detective.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 26 Sep 2018, 18:12