Another new signing

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Another new signing

Post by crezza94 » 07 Sep 2018, 14:21

HALESOWEN TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB are delighted to have completed the registration of highly experienced and respected centre half Kieran Morris from Leamington.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Another new signing

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Sep 2018, 14:58

Only joined them in June, and hasn't played for them, having been an un-used sub in most games.
Leamington boss Paul Holleran has completed his summer business with the addition of defender Kieran Morris from Stafford Rangers. Morris began his career at his local club Stourbr*dge, captaining the Glassboys’ youth team before being snapped up by Brentford in 2013. He spent two seasons in the Development Squad at Griffin Park, also spending time out on loan at Stourbr*dge and Maidenhead United, before joining Worcester City in the summer of 2016. A broken hand curtailed his progress there and he was initially dual-registered with Stafford Rangers, establishing himself in the centre of their defence and winning their managers’ player of the season award in 2016/17. He continued to impress for Stafford last season as they won the Staffordshire Senior Cup and is a player Holleran knows well. “He’s someone we’ve seen a fair bit over the last couple of years,” said Holleran of the 23-year-old. “He’s played 100-plus games at Step 3 and if you look around for defenders, there are not loads about, hence why Hoody, Stuart Pierpoint and Ben Bailey are still playing. “We’re all looking for the next kid coming through and he reminds me a lot of Liam Daly when we brought him to the club.”

He added: “He has all the tools to do well for us, he’s a good size, athletic, his distribution is good and he is a big threat in both boxes.” The signing brings Brakes’ close-season additions to five with Morris joining Brad Caswell, James Bowen, Connor Taylor and Matt Stenson in making the switch to the Phillips 66 and Holleran says it “puts the squad where it needs to be”. Training gets under way tomorrow (Saturday) and will be followed by four sessions next week as Leamington build up to the pre-season campaign which kicks off at Racing Club Warwick on July 10. In addition to the new signings, Brakes will be supplemented by one or two potential new faces all trying to impress, including Coventry Sphinx striker Ryan Harkin.

Read more at: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/spo ... -1-8549152
Paul Holleran has added further depth to his squad with the cpature of defender Kieran Morris.

'Kieran is a player we have kept an eye on over the last couple of seasons and have watched his progress with interest,' said Holleran.

'He is only 22 but has played over 100 games at Step 3 in the Northern Premier League, and is probably ready to make the step up. He has all the tools to do well for us, he's a good size, athletic, his distribution is good and he is a big threat in both boxes. I believe he will be a real asset for us so I'm delighted to get this signing over the line.'

Kieran began his career at local club Stourbr*dge, captaining the Glassboys' Youth Team before being snapped up by Brentford in 2013. The centre back played for England Schoolboys in the Under-18 Centenary Shield and also England Colleges in 2012/13, along with turning out for Brentford at Youth Team and Development Squad level before making the permanent switch to West London. He spent two seasons playing in the Development Squad at Griffin Park, also spending time out on loan at Stourbr*dge and Maidenhead United, before joining Worcester City in the summer of 2016. A broken hand curtailed his progress there and he was initially dual registgered with Stafford Rangers, establishing himself in the centre of their defence and winning their player of the season award. He continued to impress for Stafford last season as they finished in mid table and won the Staffordshire Senior Cup.

We would like to welcome Kieran to Leamington Football Club and wish him a successful time with us.

https://www.leamingtonfc.co.uk/index.ph ... umber-five
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Sep 2018, 18:41

Phew, I thought we weren't going to sign anyone this week.
*puts revolving door lubricant back in garage*
By my reckoning there are now only 17 people south of Carlisle left that we haven't signed in the last couple of years. My mum is distraught, she's only 76.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Sep 2018, 19:14

andy wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 18:41
Phew, I thought we weren't going to sign anyone this week.
*puts revolving door lubricant back in garage*
By my reckoning there are now only 17 people south of Carlisle left that we haven't signed in the last couple of years. My mum is distraught, she's only 76.
In fairness, we're crying out for a decent CB.

It worries me, though, that we've got, or had three good full backs in Ekongo, Kelly and Tonks, but we felt the need to add in this area, as an example.

All too often we seem to just replace our current players with similar players, as an act of desperation. Almost as if they blame players for our poor performances, and get rid of them in the hope that the new players will instantly improve us. They don't, as they're playing on wrong formations or poor tactics.

I could be wrong and doing us a disservice, however!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Sep 2018, 19:54

To me it's just an admittance that the dozens and dozens of players we have signed before were mistakes. Therefore we are not very good at our roles. :-\

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Sep 2018, 20:41

andy wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 19:54
To me it's just an admittance that the dozens and dozens of players we have signed before were mistakes. Therefore we are not very good at our roles. :-\
A decent and valid point.

Yeltz64
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz64 » 12 Sep 2018, 09:50

According to Twitter, we've signed Babucar Suaune from alverchurch. Another midfielder.

crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crezza94 » 12 Sep 2018, 12:59

Revolving door...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Sep 2018, 13:02

How many players are we on now? Why the revolving door? Are players leaving on their own accord? Are we signing players and then they're not deemed good enough?

It doesn't seem right to me, to have this volume of signings and players going, when we supposedly have a very good budget now.

crezza94
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by crezza94 » 12 Sep 2018, 13:16

How can we be toward the middle of September and still have players coming and going weekly?