Yeltz Forum Member

Stating the obvious?

Post by lutleyyeltz » 06 Sep 2018, 21:13

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stating the obvious?

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Sep 2018, 09:17

'one of the worst performances we have ever seen'
I disagree, it was equally as bad as the previous five performances I've seen, this season.
'We lacked organisation, there was no movement, we couldn’t keep the ball – I don’t think we managed to string three passes together all game. It was awful. We were very lucky not to have lost.'

As per the majority of matches for the last three or four seasons!
'We had a few choice words to say to each other after the game, but I think that was to be expected because as a group we were not pleased...But there seems to be a couple of players who play with a little bit of fear at home. They are playing within themselves'
If I'm a player and I read the management setting low targets such as 'avoid relegation', as per the Halesowen News a few weeks back, then I'd start to get frustrated and question whether the management think I'm good enough. There is still an air of negativity on the field, I'd love to read positive comments in the news, hear positive words of encouragement on the touchline and see positive play on the pitch. Let's be ambitious and positive. Was it Shankley who said 'Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor'? Right now, I believe we're so negative we're happy aiming for the floor!
This is a good squad of players, we’ve certainly progressed since last season, so as a management team we need to see what we can do to get the best out of the lads and find that winning formula
I actually agree with this! This is a good group of players, with come excellent players - not just good. The squad has progressed, but the performances have regressed, if anything.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz