Re: Hill calls for patience as Yeltz look to build

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 23 Aug 2018, 20:09

andy wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 19:57
AwayDayYeltz wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 18:46
welshyeltz wrote:
23 Aug 2018, 18:26
The enthusiasm among the non league football fans is out there -See 900+gate at Bromsgrove earlier this week - but we need to entertain to encourage more to attend.
Good post!

With regard to Bromsgrove, I'm sure winning 11-0 helps with attendances.
How on earth do they manage to get 900+ on a Tuesday night against nondescript opposition? There really must be a market out there for us to tap into should we start to play football worth watching. 900, it would be just like the old days. Wow.
Stourbr*dge had just under 800 the other night too. Just shows the appetite for non-league football is definitely there locally. If we were to get back to positive on field football that's the type of attendances I'd expect.

It'd obviously take a lot of effort and time to re-attract the many old fans who no longer attend due to recent off the field events. Some folk may never come back, sadly.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 24 Aug 2018, 19:14

Never say never . I think many will return given attractive football , cup run and rising into play off place

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 29 Aug 2018, 10:49

welshyeltz wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 19:14
Never say never . I think many will return given attractive football , cup run and rising into play off place
And for that, in JH we trust? ::)

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 29 Aug 2018, 11:27

Frodo wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 10:49
welshyeltz wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 19:14
And for that, in JH we trust? ::)
I went to watch Kiddy on Monday, they were an absolute joy to watch. The football was played on the floor, players in correct positions, an organised formation, where each player knew what their role was (they named an unchanged side, funny, that...), and full backs that go past the half way line. It was worth the admission price to watch, and certainly a standard that would tempt me back. That's the effect positive football can have on crowds. There was over 1,700 at Aggborough.

It was a million miles from where we are football wise, and they're only a league above us, so it's not as if I'm unrealistically comparing. I just couldn't believe the contrast. It's a shame we're such a long way from any form of decent football, under the current regime. It's not as if we're getting results, either.

Do I expect us to emulate what I saw on Monday? Of course not, Kiddy have presumably got a much bigger budget than us and will probably compete for promotion to the National League. What I do expect is for us to try and play the right way, in a positive and organised fashion, where we actually work the opposition GK. Oh, and seeing our best players on the pitch in their correct positions would be a good start, too.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz