Ownership

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ownership

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Jul 2018, 09:51

This company will probably cease trading now - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11347841

Spooky
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Spooky » 03 Jul 2018, 10:19

Fantastic news, that's the main obstacle completed in the rejuvenation of our club.

Going to relax now and let the new owners take stock of everything and if they haven't got one in place already, develop a plan that will put this club back on the map so to speak.

And relax ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Jul 2018, 10:21

And, as a bit of housekeeping, the company that looks after the bar - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11347841 still has Steve and Dave Smith as Directors but HTFC 1873 Ltd is the Person with Significant Control, so can remove them whenever they like.

It looks like it's tied up.

Interesting to see what comes out as an announcement.

I hope that it's able to clarify that Lynch and Smith have no role in either the club or the bar and that Karen and Keith are in sole control of the club, with Colin as the nominal PSC and major shareholder.
Slightly odd, but very positive that the majority of the shareholding Is in Colin's name. A story there no doubt.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Jul 2018, 10:51

And the official statement - https://www.ht-fc.co.uk/news

BREAKING NEWS

HALESOWEN TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB are delighted to announce that the sale to purchase the club from the Lynch family is now complete.

Following lengthy, drawn out negotiations the club are proud that the new owner of Halesowen Town Football Club is Club President Mr. Colin Brookes.

Colin will need no introduction at all to everyone at the club, a football man through and through with over 60 years in the game and a passion for Halesowen Town that holds no bounds and his purchase will be seen to usher in a new dawn at the Yeltz together with a boost of optimism at the Grove coming as it does just prior to the beginning of pre-season for the 2018-19 season.

Colin’s daughter and club Chair Karen Brookes will continue in her role and she will be joined by Keith McKenna as Directors of the football Club. The deal also includes the purchase of the JG Lounge, our function room and bar on match days.

We caught with a delighted Colin Brookes who stated ‘’The last five months have been the most stressful period in my 25 years plus at Halesowen Town and today is a very special day in my life, I am so pleased for Karen, who has worked wonders at the club over the past 12 months, Keith has linked up with Karen a few months ago and I am sure they will become a very successful partnership in the future of Halesowen Town Football Club. My special thanks to Vice Chairman Dave Hawley who has been by my side at all the meetings with The Lynch family, my thanks to Neil, Emma and John, the Yeltz Committee who have been so supportive and hardworking during this period. My final message goes out to all our loyal fans who have stayed with us during this difficult period. The Club is now back where it belongs, with the people of Halesowen, the hard work now begins, let’s all work together and take our great club into a new and successful period, I hope to see as many of you at the forum on Sunday and we can have a real knees up. Football’s coming home. Best wishes, Colin.’’

Karen Brookes stated ‘’I am delighted that the fruition of all the hard work of the Committee, Academy, groundstaff, management and players has allowed us to purchase the club and get the club back to where it belongs, personally for me it’s a triumph.

Keith McKenna echoed those words and added ‘’for me the hard work starts now, in the committee and backroom volunteers we have a fantastic team to drive the club forward’’

Colin, Karen and Keith will be hosting a fans forum on Sunday 8th July from 12.30pm where you are all invited.

3bb379_d801e4686ba4499cb52572e09d0fb134~mv2_d_3000_4120_s_4_2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 03 Jul 2018, 11:04

Absolutely chuffed to bits. The best news ever.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 03 Jul 2018, 11:29

Crikey, this is big and wonderful news. Think Colin, Karen and Keith should get the freedom of Halesowen for managing to deliver this.

Magnus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Magnus » 03 Jul 2018, 12:09

Why do I not have permission to view yeltz95 post of 9.37 am?

Magnus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Magnus » 03 Jul 2018, 12:10

Thanks to whoever put that right instantly.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 03 Jul 2018, 12:19

Magnus wrote:
03 Jul 2018, 12:10
Thanks to whoever put that right instantly.
Reasonably certain nobody did anything, but glad it’s working again. PM me if you see any more problems and I’ll investigate

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 03 Jul 2018, 13:06

Literally just found out! Absolutely chuffed to bits. Can hardly believe it. Well done and a massive thank you to the people that have made this happen!!
Need time for this to sink in now or could ramble all day. ;D