2018/19 squad.

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: 2018/19 squad.

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 07 Jul 2018, 08:23

I imagine we're going to see a fair few trialists today.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 09 Jul 2018, 19:51

I was told on Saturday that Enock Ekongo, Bradley Lewis and Poscha have re-signed. I've not seen anything official (unless I've missed it?).

Hopefully it's correct, especially with Enock and Poscha, both for me were excellent last season. Bradley Lewis when fit is decent, but sadly he's a little injury prone - if he re-signs hopefully his injury luck has changed.

Also with Agbor and Goddard playing Saturday I assume they've both re-signed! If the above is correct I now make the squad for 2018/19 as;

Agbor
Ali
Asa
Bragoli
Ekongo
Goddard
Hughes
Kelly
Lewis
MacPherson
Platt
Poscha
Warmer.

Could someone either shut me up! or confirm that's correct - No world cup game for the second night running, I'm running out of things to do. Apologies for waffling on!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Jul 2018, 21:24

JC said at the forum that he believed John has players signed but the forms had not been passed onto him yet to confirm.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 15 Jul 2018, 19:59

Squad List on official site has a Matt Baker listed. I think he played for Grantham last season.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 15 Jul 2018, 20:39

Simons wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 19:59
Squad List on official site has a Matt Baker listed. I think he played for Grantham last season.
He's excellent on Countryfile.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Jul 2018, 09:10

HALESOWEN TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB are delighted to confirm that in addition to the names already released the following players have completed their registration with the Yeltz.

Matthew Baker: Centre half Baker joins the Yeltz having enjoyed spells at Ilkeston, Grantham Town and Buxton.

Sam Tonks: Young but very experienced is the best way to describe Tonks, this 19 year old defender was released by Walsall and has of late been playing for AFC Wulfrunians.

Aaron Gilpin: Pacey right winger Gilpin has impressed during pre-season, Aaron started his career with West Bromwich Albion before coming through the youth ranks with Shrewsbury Town.

Dimitri Dunkley: A solid striker with an eye for goal Dunkley has previously played for Wolves Sporting.

The team have also been recently bolstered by the news that fans favourites Enock Ekongo and Roland 'Derek' Agbor will also be wearing the Yeltz blue next season.

We are also awaiting clearance and confirmation on a few other players. T

he Management team of John Hill and Matt Clarke are working tirelessly to bring in a few more new faces before the season starts, and as soon as they sign you'll be the first to know.
I was impressed with Tonks on Tuesday. I don't think Baker has played this pre-season? If I'm honest Dunlkey and Gilpin didn't stand out at all - but in fairness both were subs on Tuesday (no.14 & 15), so didn't get chance. But I wish them and all new signings the best.

Anyone got any more info on the new signings? Chris Wheels is usually a good shout for digging up information!

I was hoping for trialist 4 and 7, hopefully they're in the pipeline!

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Jul 2018, 13:12

So, after the latest signing news, I make the current squad to be;

Agbor
Ali
Asa
Baker
Bragoli
Dunkley
Ekongo
Gilpin
Goddard (not official, but has played in friendlies)
Hughes
Kelly
MacPherson
Platt
Tonks
Warmer.

With more additions to come in, going by that article. Any news on Brad Lewis and Poscha? With regards to Poscha, I was hoping, and heard that he had re-signed but there's been nothing official, and he's not featured in pre-season.

Unihammer01
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Unihammer01 » 26 Jul 2018, 13:36

AwayDayYeltz wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 13:12
So, after the latest signing news, I make the current squad to be;

Agbor
Ali
Asa
Baker
Bragoli
Dunkley
Ekongo
Gilpin
Goddard (not official, but has played in friendlies)
Hughes
Kelly
MacPherson
Platt
Tonks
Warmer.

With more additions to come in, going by that article. Any news on Brad Lewis and Poscha? With regards to Poscha, I was hoping, and heard that he had re-signed but there's been nothing official, and he's not featured in pre-season.
Brad Lewis is listed on the club website.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 26 Jul 2018, 13:41

I'm bored on my lunch, it's too sunny for a pale ginger like me to be out...I'd thought I'd sort the signings in order of position.

Platt GK
Asa CB
Baker CB
Lewis CB
Kelly LB
Tonks LB
Ekongo RB
Ali CM
Bragoli CM
Goddard CM
Warmer CM
Gilpin RM
Agbor ST
Dunkley ST
Hughes ST
MacPherson ST

As piearce9 commented on the match thread, we need a couple more centre halves. We could also do with some wingers, unless we're going to line up in a 3-5-2 formation, which I'd be a fan of given our wing back options. If so the potential line up could be;

Platt

Ekongo Asa Baker Lewis Kelly

Ali Goddard Warmer

Agbor Hughes

Subs:
Tonks
Dunkley
Bragoli
Macphearson
Gilpin

What do people think of the squad going into the season? I still believe we've got a decent core of a squad here.

Now I'm off to get a life...

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Jul 2018, 17:31

TBH I just don't read anything into friendlies, which is why for many years I haven't bothered with them. When I did, some years we had players who looked great in them and turned out to be crap once the season started for real. We've had great preseasons and then started the season poorly and on the flip side I've seen desperate preseasons that bore no resemblance to the decent season that followed. Most of the triallists never see the light of day here again, but we have to try them out in these games to find the odd gem. If I was you just treat them as a kickabout and nothing more. When we play Lowestoft on the opening day we will see if the management have made good choices and if the 'kickabouts' have been any use in that way. For me it's all just about players regaining match fitness in time for the start of the new campaign.