John Hill Staying?

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

John Hill Staying?

Post by Simons » 11 Apr 2018, 19:54

From Halesowen News

Hill says he'll also start planning for next season now his side are safe. That will include trying to keep former West Brom striker Lee Hughes at the club for another campaign. He added: "We'd love to keep Lee Hughes here and that's what we'll be trying to do. We'll sit down with him at some stage and try and sort it."

No9Bus
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: John Hill Staying?

Post by No9Bus » 12 Apr 2018, 08:28

The front page of this week's Stourbr*dge Chronicle describes Lee Hughes as the "new Halesowen Town boss".

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Apr 2018, 08:59

Simons wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 19:54
From Halesowen News

Hill says he'll also start planning for next season now his side are safe. That will include trying to keep former West Brom striker Lee Hughes at the club for another campaign. He added: "We'd love to keep Lee Hughes here and that's what we'll be trying to do. We'll sit down with him at some stage and try and sort it."
Please no. Enough is enough. I’d quite like to get my season ticket back.

Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 12 Apr 2018, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Josh - Keyboard warrior! #UpTheYeltz

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Apr 2018, 08:59

No9Bus wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 08:28
The front page of this week's Stourbr*dge Chronicle describes Lee Hughes as the "new Halesowen Town boss".
I’d be ok with that - with Sneekes playing some role.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Apr 2018, 09:14

The Chronicle isn't online yet. Can someone confirm what it is saying in a bit more detail. Is it definite, is he just part of the management team or is it just speculation by the paper?

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Apr 2018, 11:53

The Yeltz confirmed their survival over the weekend with a goalless draw against Stourbr*dge that condemned Sutton Coldfield Town to relegation.

Hill was delighted to keep his team up with five games to go, and is already looking towards the next season.

“It’s obviously a big relief for everyone involved in the club,” said Hill. “We’re sorry that our near neighbours Sutton have got to go down. That’s a shame.
ADVERTISING

“We’re delighted to be staying up. We’ve got five more games left and we need to amass as many points as we can.

“We do want a strong finish to this season but everybody is starting to look towards next season now.”

Halesowen’s survival comes weeks after their future was secured by chairman Karen Brookes and new investor Keith McKenna.

Hill is looking forward to being able to focus on just the football next season without any off-field distractions.

“I’ve got to sit down with the chairman and the owners and sort out some targets for next season and go from there,” added Hill. “A meeting will be imminent.

“It’s a big relief to get the off-field troubles sorted as such, and it would be nice to just concentrate on the football alone next year without all those antics.”
That's an article from the Express & Star...

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Apr 2018, 20:25

Sorry but this isn't going to please a lot of folk. It doesn't please me either but hey ho.
I will fully understand why Karen will give John the chance to be manager next season. At the time of Karen coming in we were in crisis off the pitch and no better on it. The fact that we have seen poor form for a long time will rightly cut no ice with someone coming in only recently. I would guess that Karen would like to see him working without the pressures and restrictions that would have been in place under our previous owner. I imagine she will want to give him a chance under her leadership. I don't for one minute think that she will be taken in by bad results/performances after that chance has been given but I think she will give him that opportunity. I think we are going to have to bite that bullet and see what happens. Maybe if we can attract better players we may play a different system and style. I feel I'm clutching at straws because I think it's going to happen.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 12 Apr 2018, 20:53

Regretable but totally predictable. Under him we have endured 4years (?) of crap football where he has blamed everything else, referees, our pitch, no budget, the opposition - everything but his own inept tactical self . When he's had money , he's wasted it paying big wages on players who have just come here to retire, and not perform. What good players he has had, he's got rid of - Laity- could n't fit him into his crap system my arse. Word gets around and maybe, just maybe , players wont come here because of Hill and Clarkes inability. I'm saddened and it looks that I shall have to look elsewhere for my saturday afternoon entertainment because I dont think that Messrs Hill & Clarke are capable of any improvement.

AwayDayYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by AwayDayYeltz » 12 Apr 2018, 21:14

andy wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 20:25
Sorry but this isn't going to please a lot of folk. It doesn't please me either but hey ho.
I will fully understand why Karen will give John the chance to be manager next season. At the time of Karen coming in we were in crisis off the pitch and no better on it. The fact that we have seen poor form for a long time will rightly cut no ice with someone coming in only recently. I would guess that Karen would like to see him working without the pressures and restrictions that would have been in place under our previous owner. I imagine she will want to give him a chance under her leadership. I don't for one minute think that she will be taken in by bad results/performances after that chance has been given but I think she will give him that opportunity. I think we are going to have to bite that bullet and see what happens. Maybe if we can attract better players we may play a different system and style. I feel I'm clutching at straws because I think it's going to happen.
John’s had good squads in his time here and has produced the same results and performances (or lack of). I see absolutely no reason why this will change next year. It’s imperative we make a change this summer, we need fresh ideas.

Let’s not forget it’s not just this season. It’s been for three seasons now and coming towards 150plus players!
Last edited by AwayDayYeltz on 12 Apr 2018, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 Apr 2018, 21:15

I've got faith in Karen to do the right thing. I have not yet heard or seen anything to make me think otherwise. She obviously does not suffer fools gladly and I am sure will act when and if a reasonable time has run out without improvement. I'm even sure she will reinstate our right and proper club badge.