Next Seasons Re-Build

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Bearwood_Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Next Seasons Re-Build

Post by Bearwood_Yeltz » 11 May 2011, 11:21

After the great news and subsequent meetings between Owner and Trust, hopefully a fews fans will come back and the ground will be rocking again  ;D

Assuming there will a workable budget next season, who would you retain, try and sign and release etc.  I'm not starting this thread to criticise any individual player, we all appreciate them playing for us and completing the season so we could be in the position we are now.

Personally I would keep Robinson, Smith, Roofe, Davies, Bruce, Faulds, Mills and Hinds.  Try and tempt McGrath back from Evesham, Nesbitt from Glassboys, a new keeper and 4 or 5 half decent players and I think we'd be able to compete for a play-off place.

Ooohh I'm getting all excited !

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Next Seasons Re-Build

Post by watsisnerm » 11 May 2011, 18:43

oh no .. knew this would happen .. actually talking about football !

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 11 May 2011, 19:35

For the first time in a long time, I am actually looking forward to concentrating on the FOOTBALL next season, turning up for games, having a beer with mates and supporting what will feel like OUR  team ;D

All I hope for is we can have a season of stability on the pitch as a real attempt is made to rebuild the club off the pitch.

Shaun Cunnington commented at the end of last nights meeting 'thats the first time I've seen ZeeZee smiling' I wonder why? ;)
Last edited by ZeeZee on 11 May 2011, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 11 May 2011, 20:08

Did they put something in your coffee?  :)
“Would you like to bet against us?”

Frodo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Frodo » 11 May 2011, 22:31

ZeeZee wrote: For the first time in a long time, I am actually looking forward to concentrating on the FOOTBALL next season, turning up for games, having a beer with mates and supporting what will feel like OUR  team ;D
here here!

keep us informed about potential work parties ZZ, im sure now the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight more will offer their service  ;D
"Good managers make good sides. There's no such thing as a side making a manager" - Brian Clough.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 May 2011, 19:01

;D
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 12 May 2011, 19:31

Really pleased, never thought I would see this happen! When is the first friendly !  ;D
Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail !

owen
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by owen » 14 May 2011, 08:11

Very nice to see nothing but positive comments on the forum - where have all the natural pessimists gone ?                                                      When do we find out which league we are in next season ?

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 14 May 2011, 08:32

owen wrote: Very nice to see nothing but positive comments on the forum - where have all the natural pessimists gone?
If there's only good news then maybe they'll stay away for a while. Any sniffs of wrong-ness and I'm sure they'll return!

owen wrote: When do we find out which league we are in next season ?
It'll be early-June going on recent history, I reckon we'll be Evostik Division 1 North as a hunch

captain marvel
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by captain marvel » 14 May 2011, 08:51

better buy a tea room in the dales then !!!!!!!!!!!