Club Crest Updated

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Club Crest Updated

Post by piearce9 » 12 May 2016, 19:54

It came as a bit of a surprise but I'm starting to get used to it already. I know the old crest has a lot of significance and history but the change isn't going to put me off. To those concerned, just remember how many times we changed our colours in the 90s? That was probably far worse.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 May 2016, 20:17

Lets just change our insignificant name as well. Why, lets change our ground as well. Would you be up for next season?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 May 2016, 20:21

How about Stourbr*dge Borough FC? That's got a nice ring to it.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 12 May 2016, 20:49

I heard about this plan a few weeks ago, so first the positive news. Its not as bad as I thought. On the other hand, it is still somewhat tacky.

There's two things are unique about Halesowen; one is the name, the other is the shape of the church. So for what are we changing it for? To save a few pence on 30 shirts a year? What that saying about knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing?

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 12 May 2016, 21:12

Big topic of conversation today regarding our new club crest on both social media and on here. Consensus on Twitter appears mainly positive, on Facebook and on here, not so much.

I'm going to go against the grain on here and say that personally I like the new crest. Is it as good as the old one? No, and I don't think it was the intention of the club for it to be. The new club badge is modern and refreshed although has that 'retro' look about it. It's smart and I like it.

Other clubs over the years have changed their badges ie. Villa, WBA, Man Utd, Man City etc. Football is an ever changing game and the club has to be attractive to other businesses and I do feel that the old crest was a bit dated so from a commercial point of view I can understand the change.

However I do agree with the point that maybe the fans should have been consulted or had some input into the change. As stated maybe if a few designs had been chosen and put to a vote with the most popular one being selected that may have been a better option.

However it's been done now and whilst some of us may not like It, it's what happens on the pitch which is the most important and if we can start the season on a positive note then I'm sure no-one will care what badge we've got on our shirts.

Just as a side note to club crests/badges, I've seen this design floating around in the past on different websites and oppositions programmes however do not recall it ever been used by ourselves at all. Does anyone know what era this badge was from?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 May 2016, 21:34

No one will care what badge we've got on our shirts? The badge changes you mentioned were generally superficial. Would you want your lion replaced by some generic cartoon cat?
Would be quite funny though......

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 May 2016, 21:36

Also the question of it being 'nice' is irrelevant. A picturesque sunset is 'nice' but that's not our badge either.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 May 2016, 21:56

While were at it lets change the 3 lions and roses England badge. Maybe a vase of flowers or a cute duck would be nice.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 12 May 2016, 22:11

What was the badge and kits like that we used during our founding season? Was it the exact same as those used last season?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 12 May 2016, 22:17

What is the relevance of that? Machinery probably couldnt even make badges then. I would doubt any shirts had them.