Club Crest Updated

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Club Crest Updated

Post by andy » 10 Aug 2016, 14:27

I have now received a reply from Dave Hawley on behalf of the club. The reason given was basically that the committee felt the badge needed to be modernised. He appreciated that i would probably not be happy with this answer and has suggested that we arrange to meet. Gladly i will do this. In my reply i pointed out that Polls version would have made a wonderful compromise, do others agree?
So far my questions only stretch as far as
1 Why?
2 Couldn't the fans have been involved/asked? and
3 Why do the people concerned feel they have a right to do it?

Whether you like the new version or not is irrelevant as far as i am concerned, its NOT ours. If anyone thinks i should ask anything else let me know.
hybrid.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ginger dynamo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by ginger dynamo » 10 Aug 2016, 15:12

Andy thanks for persisting with this matter, I get the feeling that the club were hoping that this issue would go away without really saying anything. Polls version was a great compromise in my opinion.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 10 Aug 2016, 15:22

ginger dynamo wrote:Andy thanks for persisting with this matter, I get the feeling that the club were hoping that this issue would go away without really saying anything. Polls version was a great compromise in my opinion.
I agree. Here's hoping something positive may come from it.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 11 Aug 2016, 04:10

ginger dynamo wrote:Andy thanks for persisting with this matter, I get the feeling that the club were hoping that this issue would go away without really saying anything. Polls version was a great compromise in my opinion.
Couldn't put it better myself!

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 11 Aug 2016, 19:52

Is saying the badge needed to be 'modernised' the same as 'it's more media friendly' - I'm confused now but then I am old and don't understand the ways on the new world !!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Aug 2016, 18:04

A quick thanks to Steve for searching me out for a chat today. Although we agreed on little I do appreciate it. Will write more when I'm not so pissed off, after todays shambles.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 23 Aug 2016, 18:29

andy wrote:A quick thanks to Steve for searching me out for a chat today. Although we agreed on little I do appreciate it. Will write more when I'm not so pissed off, after todays shambles.
Well it seems for the foreseeable we're stuck with it. It seems the committee decided on a change and that was it. I just don't buy the reason that others can use the badge, ie youth teams, which are not within the clubs jurisdiction. They still use the NAME, and more people outside the club would recognise that more than the badge. I've never bought the 'media friendly' bit and it would cost no more to put on merchandise. Apparently people like it, not quite sure who these 'people' are. Everyone i know hates it, or quite simply do not see it as ours. I asked why it could not have been put to the fans. I'm not sure it was ever considered but Steve said he did not want it hijacked by other fans as we could end up with a crap badge. At that point i pointed out that we have. As for "will a change back be considered?", the answer was not for a few years because of the cost of implementing it.
As i said previously i thank Steve for his time to discuss this, even though we've had to agree to disagree on this and a few other things.
I guess now it's just up to everybody. If you like the change of our identity and all it stood for, then the stuff will be there to buy. It would be great though if nobody did, as money, or the lack of it, would prove the loudest voice of all.
hybrid.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 23 Aug 2016, 19:16

I for one will not buy any 'crested' products

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 23 Aug 2016, 20:19

As I've mentioned previously I don't mind the new badge, I don't think it's better than the old one but I think it looks good in its own right.

I do agree that fans should have been consulted in whether a change of badge was needed and if so, what the new badge should look like - I think that would be my own criticism.

I do think that Poll's version would have been a good compromise.

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 11 Sep 2016, 19:13

Look familiar?
image.jpeg