Leek v Lincoln

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Leek v Lincoln

Post by YeltzDoc » 28 Mar 2014, 18:19

It was Steadman. Also, I think we profited from it in one of the Senior Cups in the late '80s / early '90s when we lost to Northwich Vics (I think) but they also fielded an illegible player (or was it Reading) but we were made to replay it and we won 1-0 with, I think a Deano goal.

It might have been the Staffs when we went on to win it in a two-legged final v Sutton.

Probably most of those facts are wrong.

LLL will correct me when he's sobered up. Facebook seemed to suggest that he was having a day out at an aquarium first though.

Colin Bobble
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Colin Bobble » 28 Mar 2014, 20:11

Stansby wrote:I personally think this is a good debate.
Me too, but it's gone on a bit because some people just don't get it, no matter by how many people and no matter how many times it's explained.
I also agree that, ALTHOUGH the league have followed the rules, it does seem that leek have gotten away with it.
NO THEY HAVEN'T - you even try to explain why below!
However, I think, instead of focusing on leeks good fortune/luck, we should be concentrating on the reason why they can't have their 3 points deducted.
Indeed, all playing records of Eastwood have been expunged.
The reason being Eastwood Town have gone bust. Their fans of which are the real victims of this scenario.
Yes, great first person to spot that whilst the vultures are squabbling over the carcass.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 28 Mar 2014, 21:41

KenR wrote:As an aside and as a pause to old Bobble "ploughing" out insults, I seem to recall that we ourselves were denied an appearance in the Staffs Senior Cup Final , after we had played an unregistered player or one that had n't been registered on time or something (LLL will no doubt put me straight if he can breakaway from his birthday celebrations) , in the semi-final against Sutton Coldfield who after we had beaten them, appealed and went through to the final. Our reaction was to drop of the future Staffs Senior Cup competitions in protest.

Must be worth a 'George' , Westy, for the longest sentence ever on the forum.
I'll think about it.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 29 Mar 2014, 08:56

YeltzDoc wrote:It was Steadman. Also, I think we profited from it in one of the Senior Cups in the late '80s / early '90s when we lost to Northwich Vics (I think) but they also fielded an illegible player (or was it Reading) but we were made to replay it and we won 1-0 with, I think a Deano goal.

It might have been the Staffs when we went on to win it in a two-legged final v Sutton.

Probably most of those facts are wrong.

LLL will correct me when he's sobered up. Facebook seemed to suggest that he was having a day out at an aquarium first though.
07-Mar-89 STAFFORD RNGRS H 1,101 1 4 WILLIAMS PENN CASH SMITH E MORRALL RHODES HAZLEWOOD* HEMANS PEARCE PRICE JOINSON L GUEST FLETCHER
06-Apr-89 STAFFORD RNGRS H 847 1 0 WILLIAMS PENN CASH SMITH E MORRALL HEMANS HAZLEWOOD RHODES SPINK* JOINSON P JOINSON L PRICE FLYNN

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 29 Mar 2014, 09:27

Close.
Was that the year we won it?

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 29 Mar 2014, 10:05

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Mar 2014, 18:41

Westyeltz wrote:
KenR wrote:As an aside and as a pause to old Bobble "ploughing" out insults, I seem to recall that we ourselves were denied an appearance in the Staffs Senior Cup Final , after we had played an unregistered player or one that had n't been registered on time or something (LLL will no doubt put me straight if he can breakaway from his birthday celebrations) , in the semi-final against Sutton Coldfield who after we had beaten them, appealed and went through to the final. Our reaction was to drop of the future Staffs Senior Cup competitions in protest.

Must be worth a 'George' , Westy, for the longest sentence ever on the forum.
I'll think about it.
They are not confetti to just throw about Ken. If a George is awarded for a man simply getting on his knees and begging it will be the biggest scandal to have rocked this club for many a year. Think long and hard about it Westy. >:D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Mar 2014, 18:42

P.S. The little devil smilie thing doesn't work....

PeterJones
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by PeterJones » 30 Mar 2014, 19:01

Colin Bobble wrote:
Stansby wrote:I personally think this is a good debate.
Me too, but it's gone on a bit because some people just don't get it, no matter by how many people and no matter how many times it's explained.
I also agree that, ALTHOUGH the league have followed the rules, it does seem that leek have gotten away with it.
NO THEY HAVEN'T - you even try to explain why below!
However, I think, instead of focusing on leeks good fortune/luck, we should be concentrating on the reason why they can't have their 3 points deducted.
Indeed, all playing records of Eastwood have been expunged.
The reason being Eastwood Town have gone bust. Their fans of which are the real victims of this scenario.
Yes, great first person to spot that whilst the vultures are squabbling over the carcass.[/quote}

A****** - please be quiet or don't speak at all, thanks in advance. :)
You can't beat watching the Yeltz from the Harry Rudge Stand..

Colin Bobble
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Colin Bobble » 30 Mar 2014, 19:08

PeterJones wrote:
A****** - please be quiet or don't speak at all, thanks in advance. :)
Who's A****?

Another fruitless fishing trip S******?

CB