Leek v Lincoln

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Leek v Lincoln

Post by HalesowenHarry » 27 Mar 2014, 19:06

RaidenYeltz wrote:Thought this was a message board, not a playground...
Do you actually ever read back what you're about to post and think 'yes, this post will make Halesowen supporters look really good to our peers'?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 27 Mar 2014, 19:12

I often re-read back what I post, thank you.

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 27 Mar 2014, 20:58

Noggin wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
riding into the Vatican to be crowned Pope next Wednesday on Shergar
I'm not really sure they allow horses into the Vatican? ;)

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 27 Mar 2014, 21:24

Noggin wrote: In any case, I would say that the likelihood of any appeal succeeding would be on about the same as the odds on Madeline McCann riding into the Vatican to be crowned Pope next Wednesday on Shergar, accompanied by Lord Lucan on a pogo stick.
Wouldn't she have to be a cardinal first? ;)

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 27 Mar 2014, 22:30

Here's a thought, if some of the folk on here (particularly those who have been coming to the club for years) were a little more welcoming and less condescending to new supporters, maybe just maybe - a few more people might be prepared to contribute/follow the club.
Rather than patronise and try and upset people for having an opinion and criticise how they articulate themselves why not try and offer something positive to the forum? At least Raiden offers an opinion, some folk on here contribute nothing other than nit picking.

No doubt this comment will be deleted or the thread locked as a result of having an opinion that goes against the grain.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 27 Mar 2014, 22:34

AVFCYELTZ wrote:Here's a thought, if some of the folk on here (particularly those who have been coming to the club for years) were a little more welcoming and less condescending to new supporters, maybe just maybe - a few more people might be prepared to contribute/follow the club.
Rather than patronise and try and upset people for having an opinion and criticise how they articulate themselves why not try and offer something positive to the forum? At least Raiden offers an opinion, some folk on here contribute nothing other than nit picking.

No doubt this comment will be deleted or the thread locked as a result of having an opinion that goes against the grain.
Absolutely no qualms with you here, you're a breath of fresh air as one of these new supporters that the club need. But feck me, cant you have a word about the bloody Leek situation because thats all we ever hear about from him

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 27 Mar 2014, 22:36

HalesowenHarry wrote:
AVFCYELTZ wrote:Here's a thought, if some of the folk on here (particularly those who have been coming to the club for years) were a little more welcoming and less condescending to new supporters, maybe just maybe - a few more people might be prepared to contribute/follow the club.

Absolutely no qualms with you here, you're a breath of fresh air as one of these new supporters that the club need. But feck me, cant you have a word about the bloody Leek situation because thats all we ever hear about from him
It's his opinion, the same as the manager according to the Halesowen News...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 27 Mar 2014, 23:11

In all fairness this is a forum at the end of the day. This is not a pop at anybody but if somebody wants to whinge, let them whinge. It what this forum is all about. I have the same opinion as Raiden, and lets be honest I've been whinging about it. Its just an opinion, and we have to moan at something now we've got nothing to moan about our own team ;)

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Mar 2014, 05:53

I offer far more than a 'whinge'...

Stop acting like I'm fixated on this point. Far from it. Like I have repeatedly stated I would like us to finish above Leek without 'help'.

I should really rise above the childish comments but I do like to defend my opinion.

I feel I've made a fair comment towards the 'Leek are favorites' post.

I guess my opinion is just as pathetic as the current manager, the managers of Coalville, Belper and perhaps other sides in this division and I imagine a good majority of the supporters in this league, who will be affected by Leeks final league position.

Either way if my comments were actually read properly you will note I was merely speculating what may happen if Leek won the league or even gained an advantageous position in the play offs by finishing 2nd, in terms of possible appeals. It's happened in the past in similar circumstances.

I don't think I've given the club a negative image, what a load of rubbish that is, especially when some of our players and indeed management (Not just from the Yeltz side) have taken to social media and expressed similar views on the situation.

It was, is and will remain a contentious issue.

Suffice to say I will just simply ignore the childish posters who seem to offer no more to this forum than petty point scoring in future 'debates'. Clearly can't have an adult discussion with certain posters.

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 28 Mar 2014, 07:49

Be careful what you say or your 3 George's could be deducted! (unlike Leek's 3 points, eh Raiden?)