Breaking News

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
owen
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Breaking News

Post by owen » 08 May 2011, 16:24

If you go the the official Halesowen Town FC website you will see that the new owner will shortly be posting a statement on there. The reason that he contacted the Trust chairman last night - note NOT the other way round - was to help the trust make the correct decission this morning. Given that the last two owners have failed in their attempt to run the club without the support of the trust , then maybe the new owener is seeking to work with the supporters body rather than against them

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 08 May 2011, 16:35

Thank you Owen for your comments.

It's quite simple; the new owner has called to ask to work with the Supporters Trust, the members of the Supporters Trust have instructed their elected representatives to meet with the new owner and report back accordingly.  The Board of the Supporters Trust would like to arrange an open forum for ALL supporters (Trust members or not) when it is practical to do so.

There's no dodgy handshakes or chicken entrails involved in any of this, just a common sense approach.

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 08 May 2011, 17:16

Lutley yeltz that is why for the time being I won't join the trust,how can you say if you join it won't all be cloak and daggers,it shouldn't be cloak and daggers anyway just sums up what your about really for me.so the new owner contacted the trust about how to make his announcement that's fair enough but what did the trust say?something along the lines of don't say anything meet with us first then feel free to unveil yourself.i take it back when I said why have the trust got to get involved if the new owner who apparently is a mr Sean lynch contacted the trust first.but it doesn't look promising if he has to take advice of a recently formed trust.I hope this doesn't go tits up again and I hope the trust advise him on the best for the club the fans then themselves.

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 08 May 2011, 18:35

he probably contacted the trust board (the trust is all members not just the board) because it represents most supporters
(percentage of home gates) as a new factory owner would speak to the union leaders , he probably didn`t think to speak
to someone who spends most of their time slagging off what other people do/don`t do on a forum.
as those at todays meeting know up to sat 11 pm ish there was a good chance of no football on the grove next season (unless a team like causeway have taken over the grove!) gary has worked hard and long for months to cover any situation they may happened and all hes had is
`whats the trust doing about it` when some thing is reported and now `what`s it got to do with the trust` now something MAY be happening that
they like the look of . `trust want the pick of every thing`! the new owner isn`t away  giving chocolates or anything like that, so don`t worry!
looking around meeting today at the trust members there were a lot of them without whom htfc would have ceased to be months ago- looking after day to day running, kits, food, ground maintanence, as well as paying towards away travel etc etc ( im sure a lot of non members have been
to the ground , weeding, repairing damaged doors, fences etc. as well, haven`t they?)

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 08 May 2011, 19:12

This is a positive step but the Trust are right to be cautious.  However, the fact Gary was contacted last night suggests the new owner wants to engage with the supporter base, which is a major improvement on the last 3 or so years.

Its early days so we need to get a better view of the plans being formulated but without this development, I feared for the future of football in Halesowen in a big way.

Credit to those involved who have helped to make this happen and as a non-Trust member, I pass my thanks for the input of the Trust here.  Might be time for me to get that membership...

Onwards and upwards.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 May 2011, 19:20

frankowba, he didn't HAVE to contact any supporters in any way at all. As he decided it would be appropriate to do so before any other options were put in place to keep football alive at Halesowen, he contacted the ONLY recognised supporter group there is. The ONLY group working to keep football at The Grove. I, nor anybody else at the meeting know any more about him than you do. It may be another disaster to add to our recent past, it may be the start of something wonderful. Who knows. If the Trust did not exist there would probably be no club here for him to buy in the first place. If, as a "fan", you wish to be contacted before the legitimate supporters body, maybe you should circulate your phone number on the internet to be used by potential owners....
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

RichardG
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RichardG » 08 May 2011, 19:43

Personally, I feel a moment of quite from everyone would be helpful. The man appears to have bought the club, so let him make his statement first.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 08 May 2011, 20:04

The statement on the official site seems to contradict itself. It refers to the new owner being semi retired and then further down it says he is young!

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 08 May 2011, 20:11

lukeyboy wrote: The statement on the official site seems to contradict itself. It refers to the new owner being semi retired and then further down it says he is young!
So am I  ;)
“Would you like to bet against us?”

frankowba
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by frankowba » 08 May 2011, 20:26

Ok first of all whatsisnerm i don't have a dislike of the trust honestly i don't and i give them all my best, like you say they have payed for travel looked after the ground etc,but when people like lutley yeltz basically say join the trust and it won't be all cloak and daggers is a disgrace.I and many other fans have spent alot of money watching halesowen town and i have been to many home and away games this season, and at most the trust members are there. I get chatting like normal and they ask am i with the trust i say no, they say why dont you join.When i ask what are there aims and prospects are it goes quite.If you join you will find out.Thats ridiculas if you ask me.im sure you will agree.

Secondly andy your telling me that every new owner has to contact the trust of that club don't make me laugh.