Supporters Association

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Supporters Association

Post by watsisnerm » 01 Jul 2013, 08:35

the fact is of course that what ever the the collective noun is for a group of supporters, any individual supporter can help the club, money or maintenance or whatever, dont wait for anyone else!
a point i need to make as the trust donation money keeps cropping up as a comparison to the money the old supporters association worked hard to raise, and gave to the club without the restrictions a trust has to abide by, is that season 2012/13 the trust had £368.90 commission (20%) from the club for selling golden goal(havent got the figure from last season to hand, as it was £30% of 50/50 then, 10% of which charity) this is how a trust has to donate whether an association could have done it another way is unknown as NO ONE came forward to offer! i cant stress enough though that the trust must be available as a safety net as a trust can take over the running of a club we, of all clubs know how important this is from the past! so join the trust, and you can still help the club in other ways as well with or without an association (the chairman of the trust is at the grove working to improve the ground most days why not join him and the others)

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 01 Jul 2013, 10:59

[quote="watsisnerm", is that season 2012/13 the trust had £368.90 commission (20%) from the club for selling golden goal(havent got the figure from last season to hand, as it was £30% of 50/50 then, 10% of which charity) /(quote]

It is quite correct that the Trust takes a commision for its work with the Golden Goal, it is worth pointing out that currently without the Trusts involvement there would be NO fund raising within the ground as this is all carried out by the Trust under its own Lotteries licence on behalf of the Club, as for the 50/50 draw from the previous season ALL of the commision taken by the Trust (with the exception of the Charity element) one way or another ended up benefiting HTFC.

YeltzRob
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzRob » 04 Jul 2013, 17:32

I'm glad this thread got started as it covers something I have been contemplating, how toget involved in the club?

It sounds like there is an interest on this forum in helping out the club; and there is a Trust designed to do just that whose numbers, according to zeezee, are in decline. This prompts a question, how do I and the others contact the Trust?

There could be a link on the Official Site with the other links, in fact I will suggest that to the Website Contact address on there today but for the purpose of this thread is there a contact point?

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 04 Jul 2013, 19:41

There's a link on the homepage of this forum, although I admit it's not so obvious.

So here it is again - http://www.yeltztrust.co.uk/

All members welcomed like long lost brothers.

YeltzRob
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzRob » 17 Jul 2013, 13:35

YeltzDoc, thanks, the Trust website is, shall we say, a little out of date. Can you provide details of how often it meets, etc?

Are these still the aims "... work to ensure the long term future of senior football in Halesowen ... improving communication with the membership, the Trust web site and working within the community which our football club serves ..."?

Actually are non-members allowed to attend a meeting without membership to see if it is the right group for them? If so when is the next meeting?

Many thanks

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 18 Jul 2013, 09:41

Hi Rob,
the last meeting was the AGM (which obviously only members could attend), but was onlty attended by approx 14 people - which gives rise to our concerns over apathy.

In terms of where are are going forward, yes, in the main our aims are still the same. Totally agree the web ste is out of date, but again, the maintenance of this comes down to the same 3 or 4 people, all of which have full time jobs and are involved in other ventures as well; - in my case its the Yeltz Bar, and generally working on the ground when time permits.

In short, we not only need to maintain our members, but we need them to be actively involved.

We have no public m,eeting planned at the moment, burt will shortly be announcing details of renewals / new membership which will run from 1st September.

In the interim, I'm normally on the bar before or after the games (most people know me) for a short while, so please comer and have a chat, and I'll explain where wwe are at. Also more than happy to chat during the game.

Cheers

Dave

YeltzRob
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzRob » 18 Jul 2013, 12:20

Thanks Dave, I will seek you out!