Northwich Saturday - Train

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
Colin Bobble
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Northwich Saturday - Train

Post by Colin Bobble » 10 Mar 2013, 12:56

andy wrote:Bobble, do you even come to our games? I thought you jacked it in ages ago.
One home game and two away. Maybe another couple before the end of the season. Not so easy to get to games in the Evostick for me. But I do my bit.

Colin Bobble
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Colin Bobble » 10 Mar 2013, 13:00

swipey wrote:Piss off Bobble, come to the games and I'll start to listen to your shite.

Idiot.
Well if you're pissed as usual, you won't be in much of a state to listen to anything. It's a different world through the bottom of a beer glass.

CB.

Colin Bobble
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Colin Bobble » 10 Mar 2013, 13:15

ColinB wrote:Please don't feel anyone from Northwich wants you to boycott the game - half the grounds in football would be empty if we all took the moral ground.

No, as you can guess, there is a lot of ill feeling at our end and a wish to see justice of some sort done. However, I only ask you to count the gate for us.

And I hope you win!! ;)
If it took half the grounds in the country to be empty to clean up the game, then that would be a good thing. Get rid of unfit owners and replace them with good, solid, community and fans owned clubs.

When you say 'anyone from Northwich' I assume you did a survey or is this just your own view? just as my view here is just my own, but I don't presume to speak for everyone. However, I can actually imagine, but not prove that there would be many from Northwich absolutely delighted if visiting supporters took the same stance as the disenfranchised majority of former NV supporters.

The alternative to taking the moral stance is to take the immoral or amoral stance. Are you suggesting that is the way for decent football fans to behave? I don't, although clearly morality as a concept is beyond many.

CB

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Mar 2013, 13:27

After that pontification we now await the white smoke to announce Colin Bobble as Pope! :o

Colin Bobble
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Colin Bobble » 10 Mar 2013, 13:30

lutleyyeltz wrote:After that pontification we now await the white smoke to announce Colin Bobble as Pope! :o
Clearly a matter of time before they sound me out. ;D

changesnightspot
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by changesnightspot » 10 Mar 2013, 16:31

Wish I came and watched saturday sounded like a good day out

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 10 Mar 2013, 16:54

changesnightspot wrote:Wish I came and watched saturday sounded like a good day out
It was a really good day out! We all enjoyed it actually. Good company.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 10 Mar 2013, 17:01

ColinB wrote:Can i ask you all a favour?

At the match on Saturday, once the game has settled down, can you count as closely as possible the people watching and estimate how many are from HT? There is a lot of speculation about 'gates' at Vics games and the info would be very useful. I am aware of your recent past and the 'off the field' problems you have faced so i hope you can understand our concerns.

If you can do that please post the figures on here and thank you for your trouble. It is appreciated and good luck for the rest of the season.
You can see from the photo's taken the amount of folk there....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/halesowentownfc/

ColinB
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by ColinB » 10 Mar 2013, 19:58

When you say 'anyone from Northwich' I assume you did a survey or is this just your own view? just as my view here is just my own, but I don't presume to speak for everyone. However, I can actually imagine, but not prove that there would be many from Northwich absolutely delighted if visiting supporters took the same stance as the disenfranchised majority of former NV supporters.
Realistic I think.
When people support a club from such an early age that they probably can't remember starting and follow them all over the country etc then you develop a bond and loyalty towards your club and players. In an ideal world 'bad' owners would see no supporters in their grounds but life's not that simple. You, and other clubs, have to put the loyalty to your own club before our problems.
There are plenty of other ways to give us (and other clubs in a similar situation) support. Just the messages on here are good as it makes us realise we are not alone, that other fans care - it can feel pretty lonely when your club goes under or goes rotten like ours. There is also more practical support through Supporters Direct and the contact with other clubs for advice and guidance. You have been down a similar road, perhaps not as far as we are now, but support from people like you who have come out the other side gives us hope.

It's going to be a long hard fight to make football club owners accountable and one needs to choose the right battlefields to fight on - sacrificing at the wrong time will not win a war.

Again, thanks to your supporters on here for your support and sympathy it is appreciated and I wish you well for the rest of the season and hope you get promoted

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 10 Mar 2013, 20:45

Colin Bobble wrote: good, solid, community and fans owned clubs.
Excellent, Scouse email him an application form he wants to join the trust.
I can't wait to meet CB at the AGM in May