Midweek Games

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Midweek Games

Post by CRH Yeltz » 26 Feb 2013, 22:08

Beasty, enjoy the ride mate. This one is going to have plenty of twists and turns yet. If we don't win next Tuesday it makes it harder but not the end of the world.

More importantly, 3 points at Rainworth would give us some margin for error.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 26 Feb 2013, 22:28

Agree, will be a rollacoaster ride. But at least we have a lot to play for and will be exciting until the very end.

Some teams will need to slip up eventually, we will just need to be on their toes to pounce.

;D

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 26 Feb 2013, 22:47

CRH Yeltz wrote:Beasty, enjoy the ride mate. This one is going to have plenty of twists and turns yet. If we don't win next Tuesday it makes it harder but not the end of the world.

More importantly, 3 points at Rainworth would give us some margin for error.

I understand and agree with that, but lets be honest, we all want them to win ;D

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 26 Feb 2013, 23:19

All of a sudden Coalville aren't the nailed on certainties they were a few weeks ago....OK they are still way ahead but Stamford and Kings Lynn can make it very uncomfortable with the games in hand...and it's funny how the pressure builds up when you start looking over your shoulder......could be a very interesting last quarter of the season coming up...not least of all for us !!!! :)

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 27 Feb 2013, 18:41

beastyyeltz wrote:This must be the most anxious i've been as Halesowen fan, the Belper game could make or break our play off hopes. Just want to get it out of the way :-\

You'll get used to it chap ! ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Feb 2013, 21:38

God, i used to feel like that. Now i'm just worried how cold my feet will get. ::)

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 28 Feb 2013, 13:23

I'd say out of the top 6 Yeltz must be the most relaxed: club & supporters alike expected mid-table finish, top 5 including Coalville are starting to get nervous and looking at the teams around them yet Yeltz are scoring for fun and, although it's not the be all and end all, the coach Trevor says every player in that dressing room wants to play for each other; we're going to surprise everyone and if we don't make the play-offs there'll be the obvious moans & groans but it will be a better platform for next season.

However, the rest of the season is going to be ace and this is why I love footy - I think Belper will start to get jittery the last 3 games.

I'll be the first to contradict myself on here and hold my hands up: I wasn't pleased with JH's appointment, nor his team's poor form leading up to Xmas and although I was told by several people to be patient, he's now got a team playing who want to play, who want to win and want to get to the play-offs - gonna be a cracking end to the season!
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Mar 2013, 10:39

Many of us were starting to question the appointment, but i for one am certainly enjoying my humble pie!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 01 Mar 2013, 12:15

Humble pie.jpg
I've heard of "stepping up to the plate," but not IN it! ;D

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 15 Apr 2013, 13:40

This weeks games to watch out for,

7.45pm Chasetown v Leek Town
7.45pm Coalville Town v King's Lynn Town
7.45pm Mickleover Sports v Northwich Victoria
7.45pm Newcastle Town v Romulus
7.45pm Sheffield v Carlton Town
7.45pm Stamford v Hucknall Town

Chasetown definitely the one for us to keep an eye on! Coalville vs King's Lynn should be a belter!