Club Crest Updated

General Discussion about the mighty Yeltz
andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Club Crest Updated

Post by andy » 13 May 2016, 18:51

Re the proper crests on the above photos. First one looks great, second one would look great on a blue background ???

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 May 2016, 18:56

Seriously, who is behind this farce? Is it even anyone with any authority? (although I believe NOBODY has the authority to do this).

...and once again, is the new hat on the season tickets?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 13 May 2016, 19:02

You're not a fan of the new badge, are you Andy?

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 13 May 2016, 19:20

I can understand the reasons for the change, but I just wished the church looked a bit more like the old design. The perspective is a bit strange, especially when we've been so used to the old one (and doesn't look much to me like the actual church)

It could have then been both modernised (I really like the circlely bit, and the name and 1873 being on the new badge) but kept the historical link to the traditional version.

Still, to be honest I don't really mind the change. I suppose we should update the logo in the header for the forum too, or is that too controversial? :-\

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 May 2016, 19:35

Poll wrote: I suppose we should update the logo in the header for the forum too, or is that too controversial? :-\
Please Poll, no. Let some sanity remain in this madness. It would already appear they are prepared to ignore the majority views of the already paying customers, to try and entice a couple of new ones. Utter, utter madness.

Raiden, to be honest even if it wasn't a building with a party hat it would make no difference. Its not ours.

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 13 May 2016, 20:55

andy wrote:
Poll wrote: I suppose we should update the logo in the header for the forum too, or is that too controversial? :-\
Please Poll, no. Let some sanity remain in this madness. It would already appear they are prepared to ignore the majority views of the already paying customers, to try and entice a couple of new ones. Utter, utter madness.

Raiden, to be honest even if it wasn't a building with a party hat it would make no difference. Its not ours.
Agree completely Andy - This is a disgrace!! I have to embrace change weekly and some of it is for the best - but this is crap! Our history is being mocked

People have mentioned we changed our colours in the nineties - what colour do we play in now?

Absolute twonks !!!!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 May 2016, 21:16

sprout wrote:
andy wrote:

Agree completely Andy - This is a disgrace!! I have to embrace change weekly and some of it is for the best - but this is crap! Our history is being mocked

People have mentioned we changed our colours in the nineties - what colour do we play in now?

Absolute twonks !!!!
Those sentiments show me that all in the world is not completely skewed. Cheers Dave.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 May 2016, 23:47

I agree with Andy and everybody else who is unhappy about it. Why did it need changing? The media thing is nonsense. I think for something like this all of the fan base should have had a vote of some kind. The original badge looks fine on social media. It's Halesowen Town as we always hear, not a multi million pound business. What it looks like on things like Facebook and Twitter doesn't matter, but to people who have been going a long time, that badge will mean something. It's just disregarding history so we can have something new and modern. Who decided this?

But I have raised the point about people not listening and ignoring what they don't want to hear plenty of times before, so I expect that this badge is here to stay regardless. I have my reservations about the new restructure as well but I will leave that

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 14 May 2016, 00:10

Poll wrote:I can understand the reasons for the change, but I just wished the church looked a bit more like the old design. The perspective is a bit strange, especially when we've been so used to the old one (and doesn't look much to me like the actual church)

It could have then been both modernised (I really like the circlely bit, and the name and 1873 being on the new badge) but kept the historical link to the traditional version.

Still, to be honest I don't really mind the change. I suppose we should update the logo in the header for the forum too, or is that too controversial? :-\
Agree with the main of this, I think maybe if it was the original church logo inside the circle badge, that would have been class. But once again I still maintain that I am a fan of the new badge and does not bother me in the slightest and seeing the pics that Dan put on here confirms it that it does look much attractive from a media and commercial perspective.

Think people are going over the top with this now. The tradition of the club has not changed, it is purely a modernisation of the previous badge.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 May 2016, 00:21

Yeltz27 wrote:I agree with Andy and everybody else who is unhappy about it. Why did it need changing? The media thing is nonsense. I think for something like this all of the fan base should have had a vote of some kind. The original badge looks fine on social media. It's Halesowen Town as we always hear, not a multi million pound business. What it looks like on things like Facebook and Twitter doesn't matter, but to people who have been going a long time, that badge will mean something. It's just disregarding history so we can have something new and modern. Who decided this?

But I have raised the point about people not listening and ignoring what they don't want to hear plenty of times before, so I expect that this badge is here to stay regardless. I have my reservations about the new restructure as well but I will leave that
I think it's been mentioned by numerous people why it has been changed. Whether you agree with it or not, there seems a legitimate reason and it has been given.

I'm genuinely interested however in why you have reservations about the new restructure? Every single one of those people on the committee care deeply about the football club and have worked tirelessly for the football club in recent months. The new members of the committee this year, in my eyes - their integrity simply can not be questioned. In a time when people offering their help and support to this football club is about as rare as hens teeth I find it really disrespectful that you seem to have an issue with it. The club is hardly swamped with volunteers is it? People seem to have an issue with many elements of the club at the moment and folk involved can't do right whatever they do. Some just seem happy to have a pop at whatever happens.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ