andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Dutch Ref

Post by andy » 02 Apr 2020, 18:32

Dutchreferee wrote:
02 Apr 2020, 16:44
latest news. 17.35
AZ and PSV are behind Ajax and want to stop the season
After Ajax, AZ and PSV have also indicated to the KNVB that they want to stop this season. Both clubs have just made this known during the telephone consultation with all clubs.
With champions and relegation or null and void?
Proud owner of FOUR Georges O0 O0 O0 O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Apr 2020, 18:33

El Seano wrote:
02 Apr 2020, 16:14
The Belgian Pro-league has been cancelled with current league position to stand.

There was only one game of the regular season left to play, top spot was already won but other top positions and relegation was still to be decided...
Sensible.

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 06 Apr 2020, 17:56

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 06 Apr 2020, 17:57

A decision to rubber-stamp the end of the season for the majority of non-league clubs has been postponed.

The Football Association Council was due to ratify proposals to null and void the season for steps three to seven on Tuesday.

But more than 150 clubs have signed a letter opposing the plan, which was sent to the FA on Friday.

It was delivered on behalf of three clubs – South Shields, Worthing and Hastings.

The relevant leagues have been told about the postponement of the decision by the Council, which is still set to meet as planned.

South Shields, Worthing and Hastings have highlighted "serious concerns" over the process and procedure for the decision, which was previously announced on 26 March.

They cited "primary concerns" over a lack of communication and consultation.

The three divisions that make up the National League at steps one and two have postponed their season indefinitely and are looking at “how best to conclude” them when football can safely resume.

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 06 Apr 2020, 17:59

Does this mean: Are we going to play football again and end the competition: Champion?

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 06 Apr 2020, 18:37

Dutchreferee wrote:
06 Apr 2020, 17:59
Does this mean: Are we going to play football again and end the competition: Champion?
I think it is more to do with fairness at this stage Ronnie .... if one decision is made for football as a whole, whether that is null and void or not, then at least all clubs are being treated equally

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 06 Apr 2020, 19:19

old git wrote:
06 Apr 2020, 18:37
Dutchreferee wrote:
06 Apr 2020, 17:59
I think it is more to do with fairness at this stage Ronnie .... if one decision is made for football as a whole, whether that is null and void or not, then at least all clubs are being treated equally
You'd think it really should be just that simple wouldn't you. They really do make a rod for their own backs sometimes.

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 07 Apr 2020, 19:19

On the 21 april we will know more :
During the consultation, the KNVB emphasized the schedule. If the RIVM agrees, the KNVB hopes to have the catch-up matches AZ - Feyenoord and FC Utrecht - Ajax completed in mid-June. In the following weekend - 19, 20 and 21 June - the professional football leagues could resume completely. Probably without an audience.

The KNVB hopes that the clubs can train again in mid-May. The competition could then run until the end of July. The cup final between Feyenoord and FC Utrecht can also still be played. It is intended to be completed before the end of the competition.

Playoffs
The playoffs will be shortened and do not consist of an away and home game, the highest finished team will play at home. Then the transition to the new season will have to be comparable in terms of days off with a winter break. After a week off, the clubs are given two to three weeks to prepare for the new football season, which must start at the end of August.

In the consultations, the KNVB did not elaborate on scenario 3, the scenario that football is no longer played. The consequences for the final rankings have not been discussed and the Football Association does not yet want to clarify that. In the week of April 21, more will become clear about new measures by the government and RIVM, and with it whether or not the competition will be played out.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Apr 2020, 21:16

Well done to them for putting some sensible plan together to finish the season fairly. It may end up being a bit ambitious though as this could all carry on for a long time yet.

Dutchreferee
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dutchreferee » 08 Apr 2020, 19:38

Mayor Jorritsma of Eindhoven where PSV plays : 'Irresponsible choice KNVB, no football in Eindhoven'

Mayor of Eindhoven: 'I will not give permission for competitions'
His words are obvious. Professional football is no longer played in his city of Eindhoven in June and July.

Mayor John Jorritsma has a devastating opinion about the KNVB's plan to resume the football league in the honor and first division, if the cabinet provides more air for events in June. "An irresponsible choice. That will not happen in Eindhoven."

Jorritsma had already indicated on Tuesday evening that he did not agree with the plans of the football association. In the afternoon after video calls with various interest groups, he indicated that he wanted to start the competition again in mid-June, after a possible cabinet decision, and then played the remainder within a month and a half.

One and a half meters
"Until June 1, all events are banned. On April 21, we will see if there is a new perspective offered by the cabinet. But even if the valve for events is slowly opened, I still can not imagine that events such as football matches in stadiums can facilitate in a half meter society ", says Jorritsma about the deployment of the KNVB in the near future.

Playing football without an audience is not an option for Jorritsma either. "Without an audience you will miss the twelfth man. I will get that twelfth man around the stadium and in the city center. I have enforcement and supervision of the measure from a distance of one and a half meters. I already have my hands full with the city and the security region, which I am chairman of. Football requires an incredible amount of enforcement supervision. "

You cannot make this to society and to all those companies that have had to close in recent weeks and where there is currently hardly any prospect for the future.

Jorritsma finds it strange that the football association is already pre-sorting a situation that is currently unthinkable. "I had waited until April 21 when the cabinet gives a definite answer. I say to the KNVB: do not go now that unnecessarily disturbs society about your goal to continue a competition. Whatever measures the cabinet will take, on this moment is the socially irresponsible football to continue. "

Status separate
Jorritsma will therefore not give permission for competitions anyway. "I see enforcement concerns, I see medical objections and I see ethical objections. You cannot make this with regard to society and to all those companies that have had to close in recent weeks and where there is currently hardly any prospect for the future. Football is not a priority and has no separate status. "

'KNVB plan is a tough task'
Jorritsma did not attend the conference call of the KNVB on Tuesday. Mayor Paul Depla van Breda spoke on behalf of the mayors of the football cities. He does not want to go as far as his colleague Jorritsma. But Depla agrees that the KNVB's plan to restart the competition in June is questionable.

Doubts about feasibility
"But it is not up to us as mayors," said the mayor of Breda. "First we have to wait for the decisions of the cabinet on April 21. Then, we have agreed, the KNVB must present a plan how they think they can play the competition. Then we have to determine whether it is possible to organize all that."

"We all know better than anyone, including the KNVB, that health is paramount in the Corona era. I have my doubts that we will all get this sorted out."

Depla told the KNVB on Tuesday that it may be more important for the association to make the competition 'virus proof'. This means that they must already start thinking about how to act at the football