Re: 2013

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Jan 2013, 15:00

Anyone?

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 03 Jan 2013, 16:55

old git wrote:
beastyyeltz wrote:In all seriousness I would love a increase in people coming through the gates. To be honest, that should be one our top priorities. The question is, how do we get more people in? ???
Stop playing at home when St***bridge and the Albion are at home would be a start !!!
Or maybe play better?

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 03 Jan 2013, 17:36

YeltzDoc wrote:Anyone?
Well Doc I persisted (it's not Big O quality ;) ) and there's Southend & Tranmere, 1st Rnd opponents of ours, then there's Verity:
http://ht-fc.com/component/content/369.html?task=view

I expect I'm not even close

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 03 Jan 2013, 17:53

Acceptable LLL but not the answer I was looking for.

The programme that the mighty Half Man Half Biscuit were appearing on was a short-lived Danny Kelly thing called "Under The Moon".

And, our very own Changey used to ring them up and sing Halesowen songs down the phone.

Fortunately, there's no YouTube evidence of this (crosses fingers)...

swipey
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by swipey » 05 Jan 2013, 06:59

The Tranmere thing:
If memory serves their gates did well on a Friday night due to Everton & Liverpool fans attending as a 'warm-up' to the Saturday kick offs?

Back on track, I'd like more people through the gates because it was commented yesterday after I said that 285 against Chasetown was a good turnout: "I'm sick of people saying that 300+ is a good turnout, when it's not" - fair point. Derby John told me he remembered when Yeltz used to take 500 to away games.
Rose-tinted glasses? Nope. Just that the people who used to 'support' the club have drifted off to watch better football in higher leagues.

Bumped into a chap called Frank recently who drinks in the Fairfield Hurst Green (shortish fella, white hair) who took me to my first ever match (think it was the Barry Town 3-3 draw) and was one of those Grove 'regulars'. I asked him how come I don't see him down there and he just looked at me as if I was stupid (not unkindly, he's known my old man 25 years) because although he's now retired with supposedly more time on his hands, the look on his face said, "why should I watch that?" and to be...erm, frank, I can't argue with that.
It's peoples' prerogative that they don't come to The Grove because they can watch better football for a couple of quid more somewhere else; the only thing I can say is that I hope they don't call themselves Yeltz fans.

To sum up, I stated that if Yeltz get relegated, I'll still watch them, and again.
And, as was told to me, these are dark days for HTFC; we can't get any worse... and we WON'T get relegated.

FYI ZeeZee:
I don't know what a chittling is, and I'm not even going to give myself the courtesy of Googling it ???
follow trend #uptheyeltz & #cheesewivmayo on Twitter!