yeltz85
Global Moderator

Guernsey Issues

Post by yeltz85 » 17 Sep 2013, 17:56

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Re: Guernsey Issues

Post by HalesowenHarry » 18 Sep 2013, 09:34

Not really an issue, surely they'll play on the Sunday like most Combined Counties sides had to at the end of last season to fit all of Guernsey's fixtures in. Assuming that's what your link says as I can't open it!!!

A Conference South side should be able to afford to play on a Sunday once in a while. We did :D

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 18 Sep 2013, 10:14

DOVER Athletic's FA Cup second qualifying round match away at Guernsey is unlikely to go ahead on September 28.

Chris Kinnear's men were paired with the Channel Islanders, arguably the pick of the fixtures in this round, on Monday.

But, there are now some serious doubts over whether the game will go ahead, as Guernsey Rugby Club are also playing at home on that same day and share the ground with the football club.

Guernsey have offered Whites a Friday night kick off, but Dover says that can't be done due to players and staff work commitments, or a Saturday night kick-off straight after Guernsey Rugby Club's match on a potentially ruined and cut up pitch.

As part of Guernsey's acceptance into the Ryman One South division this season, rules state that they have to play their home games on a Saturday at 1pm unless visiting clubs agree to a compromise.

A spokesman for Dover said: "We are in contact with the club [Guernsey] and have told them that the Friday is impossible at such short notice as players and staff cant get the time off work.

"We have also said that it is unacceptable to play the game on the Saturday after a game of rugby has been played on a pitch that is already in pretty bad shape, especially if it rains.

"We have asked for them to suggest a different option, our view is that it should take place on Saturday at 1pm. If we can't agree we have to talk to the FA."

Think the dark highlighted bit is the issue. Not sure though.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 18 Sep 2013, 10:54

Arrr, but it's not a Ryman League game, and as Tividale got first use on their ground forcing us to play on the Sunday then I don't se the difference with Guernsey (other than it's not another football team playing there on the Saturday). Make Dover play on a Sunday, it won't cost them anymore. I'd jump at the chance to go to Guernsey with us! And I think a lot on the Dover forum are saying the same.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 18 Sep 2013, 14:16

HalesowenHarry wrote:Arrr, but it's not a Ryman League game, and as Tividale got first use on their ground forcing us to play on the Sunday then I don't se the difference with Guernsey (other than it's not another football team playing there on the Saturday). Make Dover play on a Sunday, it won't cost them anymore. I'd jump at the chance to go to Guernsey with us! And I think a lot on the Dover forum are saying the same.
Me too mate.... :P

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 19 Sep 2013, 11:00

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 19 Sep 2013, 11:04

Guernsey FC vs Dover Athletic to take place in UK

Guernsey FC regrets to announce that the FA Cup with Budweiser 2nd Qualifying Round tie with Dover Athletic will not take place in Guernsey.

Under the FA terms that have been given to the club to allow GFC to participate in the FA Cup, all matches taking place in Guernsey must kick off at 1300 on a Saturday afternoon, unless the two teams can agree to an alternative kick off time. On the 28th September, the Guernsey Rugby Club has a home fixture due to kick off at 1430 and it cannot move its match, as the visiting rugby club is not staying in the island overnight.

Dover Athletic has advised that it’s unwilling to play on the Saturday evening. Its reason is that the club will not play on the pitch after a rugby match has taken place on it.

Guernsey FC has also offered for the fixture to be played as a Friday evening tie on 27th September, however Dover Athletic has advised that its players have insufficient time to arrange time off work for this date.

Dover Athletic has also refused to play the tie on Sunday 29th September.

This means to comply with the FA rules, GFC has to play the game in the UK.

More details will be released when the fixture is confirmed.

From the Guernsey FC website.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 19 Sep 2013, 11:44

OK children...the playground is a good place for a fight :o

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Sep 2013, 17:28

The FA should make Dover play on Sunday. Why are they any different. So it's a hike, but it was when we had to get to Dover on a Thursday a few moons ago.