Troy Deeney

Discussion regarding Ex-Yeltz-Players and where they are now...
Noggin
Global Moderator

Re: Troy Deeney

Post by Noggin » 25 Jun 2012, 16:09

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 25 Jun 2012, 16:58

Wow.

10 months is pretty stiff. I wonder if he had "previous" or if he gave the bloke a proper pasting?
Also, assaulting the copper probably didn't help.

From what I remember, he seemed quite a nice, quiet lad during his short spell with us. Maybe not though.

We've had one or two now who've had spells at Her Majesty's pleasure. I don't think we can quite put together a "Lags XI" yet but we're getting there.

Oh, and a source close to the striker was quoted as saying that Troy would cope well with being locked up, as long as he didn't have to share a cell with Guy Simpson....

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 26 Jun 2012, 07:54

YeltzDoc wrote:Wow.

10 months is pretty stiff. I wonder if he had "previous" or if he gave the bloke a proper pasting?
Also, assulting the copper probably didn't hel
From what I remember, he seemed quite a nice, quiet lad during his short spell with us. Maybe not though.

We've had one or two now who've had spells at Her Majesty's pleasure. I don't think we can quite put together a "Lags XI" yet but we're getting there.

Oh, and a source close to the striker was quoted as saying that Troy would cope well with being locked up, as long as he didn't have to share a cell with Guy Simpson....
And one or two who unfortunately didn't get caught.......

They'll be able to work there way through 4,000 packs of Marlborough Lights whilst planning world domination at Castle Bromwich United when they're released

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 26 Jun 2012, 10:25

YeltzDoc wrote:Oh, and a source close to the striker was quoted as saying that Troy would cope well with being locked up, as long as he didn't have to share a cell with Guy Simpson....
Alas, I would have thought that Mr Simpson has checked out of HM Hotel several months ago.

Incidently I worked out that the fags found at Southhampton Docks would take him 2945 years to smoke with a 20 per day habit (not allowing for leap years) so they could harldly be described as being for personal use

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 26 Jun 2012, 13:40

I'd have thought that he would have a bit of porridge left yet.

He got 5 and a half years in mid June 2010, so even if he only served half, he'd have some time left.

Although, I've no idea what they do with "white collar" crime like this, whether you get put in an open nick or let out with a tag or whether due to the scale of the fraud you get lomped in Winson Green.

Does "Prison Officer" Dave come on here?

Or do some of the other forumistas have some, ahem, "personal experience" that they can use to shed some light?

;)

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 26 Jun 2012, 16:13

On refelection, I think you may well be correct Doc. I thought he had been sentenced in Jan 2010 but Google reveals that the fixture was postponed from Jan 2010 due to adverse playing conditions and didn't take place until 15th June 2010 - presumable because of fixture congestion for Mr Justice Cocklecarrot

http://www.prisontalk.com (for Prison information and Family Support Community) suggests that the time actually served was more likely to be 50% less 6 months which suggests 27 months or a release date of September 2012. Maybe we will see him at The Grove soon after that?

Others may [ahem] have a friend who knows more in this area.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 26 Jun 2012, 17:10

Excellent work Brother Noggin.

He should be released in time to catch some of our early season wins.

Although, he may be out even earlier because, with his connections, he's got to be a shoe-in to topple Grouty as the "Snout Baron of D Wing".

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 29 Sep 2012, 23:15

On conditional prison release, Troy made a goalscoring return today for Watford and received terrific praise from Manager Gianfranco Zola

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 09 Nov 2012, 14:28

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 24 Nov 2012, 15:53

A Troy Deeney Watford goal is becoming a regular occurence, especially with his new "lease of life", but they are 2 upat Blackpool and Ikechi Anya is their other scorer :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20374660