Tom Piotrowski

Discussion regarding Ex-Yeltz-Players and where they are now...
Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Tom Piotrowski

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 19 Sep 2021, 08:39

My memory of Tom has been stirred this morning when I heard someone of that name being interviewed on local radio about a non-football related matter but it could well have been the same player that made just the one starting appearance on 26th April 2008 at Mangotsfield after selections as sub in the previous 3 matches.
He will always be clearly in my memory as being the player that MM phoned me about from his seat watching Arsenal one Monday night for it to be announced on the website and this has cropped up on here before.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2335

DJ
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Tom Piotrowski

Post by DJ » 19 Sep 2021, 23:17

On this occasion I think this broadcasting campaigner Tom Piotrowski, based in Worcester, is unlikely to be our Tom. Former Reading apprentice Tom Piotrowski made one full appearance in a number 10 Yeltz shirt as a 19 year old on 26/04/2008 at the Mangos, scoring in the 58th min to make it 2-0 in a game that ended up 2-2 (as I cringeworthingly reported - "goalkeeper Josh Clapham was left up the junction...allowing youngster Tom Piotrowski to touch home"). He also made the bench for the 3 previous games (Corby Town, Swindon Supermarine & Clevedon Town) making his first appearance as a sub at Corby in the 80th min (replacing Dean Brennan) on 29/03/2008. Interestingly Steve Diggin was in Corby's line-up that day and is still there 13 years later. That was the extent of Tom's Yeltz career as one of the many through MM's short-term revolving door. Our Tom, now 32, looks to be still based in the Bath area, employed as a Senior Manager at a global management consultancy.